Arsenal coach Arsene Wenger has debunked reports of a fall-out with Alexis Sanchez as "completely false" and insisted the player was only dropped against Liverpool for tactical reasons.
Wenger said on Monday that he has a "normal" relationship with Sanchez, who shook hands with the Arsenal boss at the start of a training session at London Colney ahead of Tuesday's Champions League round-of-16 second leg tie against Bayern Munich.But...
Monday, 6 March 2017
Saturday, 4 March 2017
DRAW WAS BECAUSE OF LOST CHANCES SAYS ROONEY
Manchester United captain Wayne Rooney said his side had been left
frustrated after they were held 1-1 by out-of-form Bournemouth at Old
Trafford on Saturday.
United had 20 shots in the game, seven on target, and although Marcos
Rojo opening the scoring they were pegged back when Josh King struck
from the penalty spot shortly before the break.
Rooney told Sky Sports: "Yes, it is two points dropped. I think we
played really well in the first...
MING JUMPED INTO MY ELBOW SAYS IBRAHIMOVIC
Sweden legendary Manchester United forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic denied deliberately
elbowing Tyrone Mings in the 1-1 draw at Old Trafford, saying the
Bournemouth defender "jumped into my elbow."
Ibrahimovic -- who saw a second-half penalty saved by Artur Boruc as
United failed to make the most of a series of chances -- clashed with
Mings at the end of the first half.
Mings slid in on Wayne Rooney and then stamped...
THIEVES INVADES JOHN TERRY MANSION
Burglars targeted John Terry's home while he was reportedly on a family skiing holiday , The Sun has reported.
The raiders are said to have escaped with valuables after forcing their way into the property in Surrey last weekend.
The report said the break-in happened while the 36-year-old was on a skiing break with relatives.
A source told The Sun: "It's a horrifying incident for any family to
go through, and John and Toni have been very shaken...
GOAL SCORING WILL MAKE MY GAME GREAT SAYS MOSES
Nigeria international and chelsea wing back Victor Moses has said he wants to start scoring more goals for Chelsea after signing a two-year contract extension last week.
Moses, who has three goals in 25 games for the Premier League leaders
this season, said he felt he was in the finest run of his career.
The wing-back told Chelsea's official website: "I think this is the best football I've played, and to be doing it at a big club like Chelsea...
Friday, 3 March 2017
REAL MADRID WANT TO DO THINGS BETTER SAYS ZIDANE
Real madrid tactician zinedine zidane reveals that Cristiano Ronaldo is unlikely to play at Eibar on Saturday with Real
Madrid hoping to bring a halt to their slide in La Liga that has seen
Barcelona overtake them in the standings.
Ronaldo, 32, missed Friday´s training session through injury and Marca reports FIFA's World Player of the Year will miss the encounter in Ipurua.
Real coach Zinedine Zidane said of Ronaldo in Friday's news conference:
...
DIEGO GETS FIRST BRAZIL CALL UP IN 9 YEARS
Flamengo playmaker Diego and Sport forward Diego Souza have received
surprise calls to the Brazil squad for this month's World Cup qualifiers
against Uruguay and Paraguay.
Both players starred in Brazil's charity match against Colombia in
January and were rewarded by coach Tite with national team selections
for Brazil's March 23rd and 28th matches.
Diego -- a former Santos, Porto, Wolfbsurg and Juventus player -- has received 36 caps...